Monder Law Group - News
What Makes a Good Criminal Defense Attorney?
If you’re wondering about the qualities of a good criminal defense attorney, that must mean you’re going to need the help of one. Have you already inquired about what criminal offenses are? Do you know how a criminal lawyer can help you? Are you familiar with the process of a criminal case?
If yes is the answer to all of the questions above, then you’re more than ready to actually find an experienced criminal attorney in San Diego, CA. Here’s what your criminal defense lawyer of choice should be like.
What qualities should my criminal defense attorney have?
If you’re looking to hire a criminal law professional, who’s able to successfully guide you past all the potential pitfalls of the Southern District of California Department of Justice, you should definitely know what qualities he or she should possess.
Lucky for you, we’re here to help you and present you with the most important attributes a criminal lawyer you should hire needs to have:
- Integrity – You want your lawyer to be completely honest with you, and you want your lawyer to keep you up to date with all the developments in the case. And, that takes a lot of integrity.
- Research skills – A good lawyer has to be an excellent researcher. When it comes to providing legal defense, your lawyer has to be able to conduct adequate research connected to the case in order to represent you in the best way possible
- Negotiation – A significant part of being a lawyer is knowing how to negotiate on behalf of your client. Securing a “not guilty” takes a lot of conversing, and you should never pick a lawyer who’s not a good negotiator.
- Courtroom demeanor – Courtrooms are quite formal places, and court proceedings are such formal events that you might even be surprised. Your lawyer has to be able to behave appropriately, but also, he or she must not be intimidated by the prosecutors or the judge.
- Perseverance – A professional criminal defense attorney has to be tenacious and has to be able to persevere through several dead ends in order to find the right opportunity to sway the jury and the judge.
- Analytical skills – Every criminal defense lawyer has to be able to analyze the situation in the courtroom, and act accordingly, all the while making split-second decisions. This is paramount if you want proper legal representation.
- Organization skills – A good criminal defense attorney is very neat, very organized, very timely, and pays great attention to even the smallest of details concerning your case .
- Knowledge – Although being knowledgeable about the inner workings of the judicial system is a given, we feel like we still do have to emphasize that your lawyer of choice has to know all the ins and outs of the law and the system.
- Understanding police – In order to get the necessary information from the police, your lawyer has to be on the best of terms with individuals from the police department. This way, he’ll get a clearer insight into your case, and be able to represent you better.
- Care – Finally, your lawyer of choice has to care about you and the situation you’re finding yourself in. Without that, you won’t feel good throughout the process, and that’s quite, quite bad.
What are the red flags in a criminal defense lawyer?
Now, when it comes to those qualities a criminal defense attorney who’s striving to become a reputable practitioner of criminal law shouldn’t possess, we’re not going to bore you with plenty of them. We’re going to keep it short and simple.
If the lawyer you’re thinking of hiring has all of the qualities we’ve mentioned, but inverted, you should stay away from him or her. If the lawyer is disorganized, lacks integrity, doesn’t care about you or your case, lacks knowledge…
If you start noticing some or all of these negative qualities, stay as far away from said legal professional as you possibly can. You don’t want that kind of an individual representing you, as it might end up doing you a lot more harm than good.
“Where can I find such a competent criminal attorney in San Diego, CA?”
If you’re in need of legal representation in San Diego, then you should only be thinking about turning to Monder Criminal Lawyer Group, the finest collection of legal minds in this city. Vik Monder has assembled a team of both experienced lawyers and rising stars, and quality representation is a given.
A couple of months ago, you might have visited Little Italy to think a little, to try and clear your mind. Nowadays, you can’t do that, so you should turn your mind to hiring a good criminal defense attorney right away. We’re here for you, contact us today!